Response to Target Behavior:
- Despite a very detailed and well implemented plan, there may be instances where the target behavior returns, and it is important to deal with that behavior in a systematic way that considers the function of the behavior, as well as the BIP as a whole.
- Redirecting the student to use their replacement behavior is the first step.
- Have a visual reminder to refer the student to, which outlines the replacement behavior.
- Remind the student of the reward system, and the possibility of gaining a reward based on the use of the replacement behavior.
- If the behavior is attention seeking, be sure to limit the attention given to the target behavior, and increase the attention being paid to the replacement behavior.